Data visualization tools are a necessity for any business that wants to make sense of its data and be able to communicate it to the world.
Data visualization is about telling stories with data, so you need something powerful enough to do the job the right way. But with so many different options out there, Data visualization is all about telling stories with data, so you need something powerful enough to do the job the right way. But with so many different options out there, how do you know which data visualization tool best suits your needs?
We’ve compiled a list of the seven best data visualization software, tools, and platforms in 2022 based on their pricing, functionalities, chart types, use cases, and more.
We’re not going to list Excel & Google Sheets – since everybody knows you can visualize data with them.
Instead, we’ll focus on specialized software for those committed to up their data visualization game.
What Are the Best Data Visualization Tools in 2022?
Here are our top picks for the best data visualization tools:
- Microsoft Power BI
- Zoho Analytics
- Dundas BI
1. Microsoft Power BI
Best for Working with Large Volumes of Business Data
Microsoft Power BI a data visualization tool that allows you to create interactive charts, graphs, maps, and everything in between.
It’s a solid enterprise solution for large organizations that want to get the most out of their data, empowering data-driven decision-making.
We love this tool because even though it’s a powerful data visualization suite that has everything you need to work with big data, the user interface is very intuitive and easy to use.
This makes it possible even for non-technical people to effectively analyze their data.
- Interactive charts, graphs, and maps
- Connect to a variety of data sources, including Excel files, SQL Server databases, Azure datasets
- Enterprise options for custom dashboards
- Big data analytics solutions
- AI-powered data analytics
Power BI has two core pricing plans: Power BI Pro and Power BI Premium. As far as the pricing, here are your options:
- Power BI Pro – $9.99 per user/mo
- Power BI Premium – $20 per user/mo; alternatively, you can sign up for their organization-wide license for $4,995 to scale up
Best for Working with Big Data
Tableau is a data visualization platform that works wonders with big data. With Tableau, you can turn massive heaps of your structured or unstructured data into professionally-looking charts, graphs, and dashboards.
Tableau offers real-time collaboration so everyone on your team can work on the same data set at the same time. You can also share your data visualizations with others via social media or embed them on your website.
Tableau has a wide variety of chart types, including pie charts, bar graphs, scatter plots, and more.
- Easily connect to your databases, files, and cloud services.
- Intuitive user experience for non-technical people
- Real-time collaboration
- A wide variety of chart types
The pricing structure is built to make it affordable for individuals, small teams, and large corporations.
For $70 per month, you can access Tableau and create your own data visualizations.
For Teams & Organizations:
Tableau set up a three-tier pricing structure for enterprise clients based on user roles.
- Tableau Creator – $70 per month/user
- Tableau Explorer – $42 per month/user ($35/mo if you choose to deploy with Tableau servers)
- Table Viewer – $15 per month/user ($12/mo if you deploy with Tableau servers)
For those looking to implement data visualization into their analytics tools, Tableau offers a white label solution to deliver more value to your customers without having to reinvent the wheel.
3. Zoho Analytics
Best for Data Visualization on a Budget
Zoho Analytics is a cloud-based business intelligence tool that allows you to discover and create reports from your data. You can connect the platform to various sources, including Google Sheets, Zoho CRM, and Salesforce.
Zoho Analytics offers user management control, so users only see the data they’re authorized to see. You can also use their drag-and-drop interface to create interactive dashboards in minutes.
We love this tool because it offers so much more than regular data visualization tools for the money it costs.
- Easily integrate with various data sources, including Google Sheets, Zoho CRM, Salesforce, and more.
- Robust data preparation and management tools
- Powerful data enrichment capabilities
- Drag & drop report generation
- Extensive geographical data visualization tools
- Augmented analytics
The pricing for Zoho Analytics is very affordable, making it a great tool for small businesses and individuals.
- Basic – €24 per user/month
- Standard – €48 per user/month
- Premium – €115 per user/month
- Enterprise – €455 per user/month
Best for Creating Infographics
Infogram is a data visualization tool that allows you to create infographics, charts, and maps from your data.
For those only starting their journey to master the art of data visualization, it offers a library of over fonts, icons, and templates to help you get started.
We use Infogram all the time to save tons of money on expensive graphic designers to create awesome infographics for a fraction of the cost of hiring a freelancer or keeping someone in-house.
- Create stunning infographics, slides, reports, dashboards, and social media visuals with ease
- Real-time collaboration
- A vast library of pre-made templates to get you up and running in minutes
- Interactivity tools such as tabs, tooltips, and clickable legends
Infogram offers a wide range of pricing options, making it a great tool for businesses of all sizes.
- Basic – free
- Pro – $19 per month
- Business – $67 per month
- Team – $149 per month
- Enterprise – custom pricing
5. Dundas BI
Best for Custom Data Visualization Needs
Dundas BI is an enterprise-level business intelligence tool that allows you to create interactive dashboards, reports, and data visualizations.
What’s so special about this tool? If you’re looking for a cutting-edge solution to build complex data visualizations – we’re talking proprietary tools with all the blows and whistles implied – Dundas BI is just what the doctor ordered.
It offers live connections to data sources like Oracle, SQL Server, Salesforce, Amazon Redshift, etc., and support for web services like Google Analytics and Adobe Omniture.
Dundas BI offers an extensive resource library and excellent customer support to ensure you get the most out of this data visualization platform.
- End-to-end data visualization & BI solution
- Unprecedented customization options
- Interactive dashboards and reports
- Cutting-edge analytics tools
- Easy data integration & customizable views
As an enterprise solution, Dundas offers only custom pricing tailored to your unique business and data visualization needs.
Best for Tracking Business Performance
Klipfolio is a business intelligence tool that allows you to create dashboards with rich visualizations.
It offers customizable widgets and drag-and-drop functionality, so it’s easy to build your own dashboard from scratch.
But its true forte is data analytics – Klipfolio provides an advanced data analytics toolset for those looking to dig deeper into their data.
- Best-in-class data analytics capabilities
- Professional custom dashboards
- Real-time reporting
- Supports CSS styling customization
- Downloadable PDF reports
- Customize your dashboard design using the drag-and-drop functionality
- Free – up to 2 data services and editor users
- Plus – $99/month
- Pro – $229/month
- Custom – a flexible plan for enterprise clients
Best for Data Visualization Tool for Marketers
Visually is a data visualization platform tailored to helping digital marketers take their data visualization game to the next level.
The platform eliminates the need to hire an in-house graphic designer by providing access to their highly-skilled talent pool.
From custom illustrations to infographics and videos, Visually allows you to leverage the power of graphic content to supercharge your content marketing strategy.
- More than 1,000 freelancers to match you with the best talent
- Create everything from simple images to videos
- Custom-tailored graphic assets delivered based on your brief
- Powerful collaborative platform
Depending on your needs, Visually provides you with a custom quote to make sure you get the most bang for the buck.
What Are Data Visualization Tools?
Simply put, data visualization tools are software that allows you to create visual representations of data.
This could be anything from simple charts and graphs to detailed infographics and videos.
Data visualization aims to make complex data easier to understand and interpret, helping you make better business decisions.
Data visualization can help you tell a story with your data, which can be a powerful way to engage your audience.
Why Knowing How to Visualize Your Data Is Important?
There are countless reasons why you might want to use data visualization in your business.
Some of the most common reasons include:
- To make complex data easier to understand and interpret
- To find trends and patterns in your data
- To empower data-based decision making
Final Thoughts: Data Visualization Software
So there you have it: the best data visualization tools and software for businesses of all sizes. Whether you’re a small business just starting out or a large enterprise, there’s sure to be a tool that fits your needs.
Armed with the right data visualization tool, you can take your decision-making to a whole new level.